Frogs and Toads are a huge part of our wildlife here in Britain, but do you know the differences between these to creatures?
- Have long legs so are able to jump good distances . They have a mucus on they’re skin which makes them feel slimy
- Their body is quite narrow and they have many predators .
- They also lay their spawn in clusters . And they need to stay near water .
- shorter legs and are more likely to walk- although they can jump a little bit.
- Their skin is much rougher and thicker .
- They lay their spawn in strands but don’t need to stay near water other than when they spawn . They have fewer prey as they can secrete a horrible taste and smell.
I have both in my garden. What have you got?